With the release of The Force Awakens getting closer every month, it’s time for Star Wars fans to start re-watching the original six. If you’re like me, a one or two-night binge simply isn’t going to work, so watching all six will take some time–which is why I’m starting now.
Of course, if you’re also like me, you’ve recently discovered that one of your closest friends has never–NEVER, I say!!!–seen any of the Star Wars films.
After learning this shocking news, me, my husband, and my friend’s husband decided it was imperative to repair the ills of her childhood by having mini watch parties for each of the Star Wars films.
Of course, when you’re taking a friend down the rabbit hole of Star Wars fandom for the very first time, there must be a sense of occasion. So here on the blog I’ll be posting a few ideas you can employ to make your Star Wars watch parties a bit more special, be they simply a re-watch to get you ready for Force Awakens, or if you’re watching the films for the very first time.
Previously, I gave a few Star Wars-inspired everyday cosplay ideas. While it’s great to look cute, a good watch party is nothing without tasty snacks, amirite? For our rewatch party, I made a Death Star-esque fruit pizza. Check it out:
It’s no work of culinary art, but it was a fun, easy, themed snack. It’s also hella tasty. Next time, I’d probably used fewer blackberries to make the line and circle stand out more–I had just bought a TON of blackberries, and I felt badly for not using them.
Want to try to make your own Death Star fruit pizza?
Here’s what you’ll need:
- 1-2 cans of refrigerated cressent rolls (I usually use 2 if it’s for more than 4 people)
- Cool Whip
- Chocolate Pudding Mix
- Fruit (I usually do bananas and berries, but do what sounds yummy to you!)
- Spread the cressents to cover a greased pizza pan, and cook it according to the instructions on the packaging
- Mix the pudding mix together with the Cool Whip
- Spread the pudding/Cool Whip mix onto your cooked cressent base
- Arrange the fruit in the best Death Star shape you can muster
- If you have time, pop it in the fridge for an hour or so to cool (not necessary, but it tastes better cold), and enjoy!
Not into fruit pizza? Here are a few other fun, Star Wars snacks from around the interwebz that you can try (links below)!
What are some of your favorite Star Wars-inspired snacks? Are you planning a Star Wars watch party to get ready for Force Awakens? Let me know in the comments!